Admission is open to students who have earned an Associate of Arts (AA) degree from a Florida institution or 60 transferable college credits in which a grade of ‘C’ or better was earned. Candidates without the AA degree from a Florida institution will be required to complete the general education requirements for Flagler College.
Flagler College – Tallahassee only admits for the Fall and Spring semesters and students are encouraged to apply 3 – 6 months prior to the start of the desired term of entry.
FALL – July 1
SPRING – November 1
Applicants must be in good standing with a satisfactory grade point average for all work attempted and must be eligible to return to the institution last attended. Applicants who transfer from a four-year institution may receive a maximum of 75 semester hours of credit awarded. Applicants who transfer from a two-year institution or community college will be allowed no more than 64 semester hours of credit.
- Apply online
- Submit the non-refundable $25.00 application fee
- Submit official college/university transcripts (sent directly from each institution). College coursework from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluation Agency.
- Submit a Tallahassee Community College Degree Audit (current TCC students only)
- Education applicants should review the program/major requirements for prerequisites
Tuition is $235 per credit hour and many students qualify for financial assistance. Sources of assistance include the Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, the Florida Minority Teacher Scholarship, Florida Prepaid, the Florida Bright Futures Program, and the Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG).
The FRAG is awarded to Florida residents who are enrolled full-time and have not earned a four-year degree. The award amount varies each year. For the 2016-2017 academic year, students received $3000 ($1500 Fall and $1500 Spring).
Students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA Flagler school code is 007893. Applications for all forms of aid may be obtained through the Financial Aid Coordinator.
In addition to federal and state financial aid programs, Flagler College – Tallahassee currently offers the following:
- Travis Joseph Miller Scholarship
- Tuition discounts for sworn law enforcement and correctional officers
- Tuition discounts for full-time employees of area K-12 schools
- Tuition discounts for full-time employees of Tallahassee Community College and their dependents
Flagler College is approved as a recipient for VA funding. Some armed service veterans and their dependents may be eligible to receive benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Contact the Assistant Registrar for more information.